Wednesday, January 20, 2016

This was my moment of all moments ... .

Photo by Martha Lee
The crescendo of my Symphony of Life.   The Reckoning.  What all the decades, weeks, years, days, and hours were ever leading toward in often tiny seemingly meaningless fragments of Time.

Recognition and exultation unequalled!

One might well wonder (in the quiet moments) at the worthiness of it all? After all, none of the many elements that led to this miracle appeared exceptional at the time, except giving life to my children ... .

Maybe it was all just too over-the-top to absorb except in small increments when my breathing would get caught up somewhere in my throat, and hesitate just a fraction of a second between heartbeats.

This happened some weeks ago now, but each time a member of my audiences asks what this felt like -- it all comes back refreshed and as exciting as before -- and there's a flood of unexpressed emotion that rises to consciousness and I'm overwhelmed by yet unshed tears of wonder and humility at how little it must take to catch the Sun if I'm seen as worthy of this miraculous moment in Time.

And why did it take 94 years to find my footprints upon the earth -- and to stand tall in them?

... and I didn't realize that I could cast such a great shadow!



No comments: